The mission of the Apalachicola Riverkeeper is to provide stewardship and advocacy for the protection of the Apalachicola River and Bay, its tributaries and watersheds, in order to improve and maintain its environmental integrity and to preserve the natural, scenic, recreational, and commercial fishing character of these waterways.
By working together, we can protect and restore what we love-this dynamic river, floodplain and bay system.
- A multi-year slough restoration project to benefit the river floodplain and East Bay
- Water quality monitoring and microplastics sampling.
- The annual RiverTrek public outreach and fundraising campaign.
- Monthly eco-educational hiking and kayak outings throughout the Basin.
- Area cleanup efforts that remove tons of trash and debris.
- Legally challenging the Army Corps of Engineers’ management of water in the ACF Basin.
- Fighting oil and gas drilling in the Apalachicola River Basin.
- River patrol and visual survey monitoring.
- Advocacy with regional stakeholders, conservation allies and Florida Waterkeepers.
Please explore our website to learn more, sign up for our e-bulletins, and remember that your donations help to support our mission. Apalachicola Riverkeeper is a non-profit organization and a proud member of the international Waterkeeper Alliance.